MY TEN COMMANDMENTS OF CREATIVITY. (Inspired by Dan Goodwin)
1. Do what you love.
2. Embrace the whole creative process.
3. Find your tribe and share art and ideas.
4.Balance your time between solitude for making art, the time spent with family and friends as well as time to do the things that feed your soul.
5.Record ideas in a notebook. Keep a file for cuttings, sketches, quotes and inspiration.
6. Begin!.......even if its one small step everyday.
7. Keep moving. No stagnation. When you feel stuck, do something ..... anything, even if it's just writing a journal entry. Writing often stimulates the creative process.
8. Remember to replenish especially after a long work phase .
9. Show your work. It's no good hiding it. Start by sharing with the people that "get you" and slowly widen this circle as your confidence grows.
10. Losing myself in my work is my ultimate goal. My daily meditation.